Loading...

"Record"

A STUDY ON THE CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF SUGAR CANE MOLASSES TYPE B FROM A CUBAN SUGAR FACTORY  [2001]

Macías, M., Instituto de Investigaciones Porcinas. Gaveta Postal No. 1, Punta Brava. La Habana, Cuba Gonzalvo, S., Instituto de Investigaciones Porcinas. Gaveta Postal No. 1, Punta Brava. La Habana, Cuba Martínez, O., Instituto de Investigaciones Porcinas. Gaveta Postal No. 1, Punta Brava. La Habana, Cuba Herrera, R., Instituto de Investigaciones Porcinas. Gaveta Postal No. 1, Punta Brava. La Habana, Cuba et al.

Access the full text:

NOT AVAILABLE
Abstract
Chemical indices were determined in representative samples of 7000 t of sugar cane molasses type B produced in a sugar cane mill in Matanzas province, between February and April 2001. These indicators were determined to study the variation of molasses components and to fulfill the quality parameters agreed between the sugar manufacturing enterprise and pig producers for the industrial process. The molasses type B resulted from a two succesive extractions of sucrose contained in the concentrated sugar cane juice after elimination of the third extraction step from the technological design. Criteria of the molasses quality as animal feed were totally fulfilled. The values of DM (83.9%), ash (6.6%) sucrose (59%), free reducing sugar (11.9%) and total sugars (70.9%) were obtained for the molasses produced on these conditions. The potassium values (2.1%) were the highest in the inorganic fraction. The sugar composition of these molasses and thus their energy density allow to predict its high nutritional efficiency. It is concluded that it is possible to achieve chemical indicators that guarantee the nutritional quality of the sugar cane molasses type B in Cuban sugar mills. This would permit the total substitution of the imported cereals in pig diets.
Loading...

Other subjects

  • subproductos del azucar
  • sugar byproducts
  • molasses
  • composicion quimica
  • melaza
  • melasse
  • Miel B
  • alimentation des animaux
  • sous-produit de sucrerie
  • alimentacion de los animales
  • chemical composition
  • animal feeding
  • composition chimique

From the journal

Revista Computadorizada de Producción Porcina (Cuba)

ISSN : 1026-9053

Loading...